It’s the long haul between Christmas time and Spring here, so I thought I’d make some Springtime cookies that are a bit reminiscent of Christmas.
These white chocolate cranberry gems are soft in the center with a crusty initial bite and then finished with lemon glaze for a perfect sweet zing.
Half proper shortbread cookie, half scone, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies will brighten your day.
I can feel it now – Spring is on the way!
Springtime White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 sheet pan
- Rolling Pin
- cookie cutters 2 inch diameter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk I use 1/8 cup heavy cream mixed with 1/8 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
For Lemon Icing
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 lemons juiced
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together sugar, egg, vanilla extract, canola oil, and milk.
- In separate bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and pour liquid ingredients into center.
- Stir to combine until a slightly crumbly dough forms.
- Add cranberries and white chocolate chips. Stir until cranberries and chips are just mixed throughout.
- Form dough into a smooth ball, adding more milk as needed.
- Place dough onto a well-floured surface and roll out until dough is 3/4 inch in thickness.
- Dip cookie cutter into flour to ensure cutter doesn't stick and then cut dough into cookies.
- Place cookies onto sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden on sides and bottom. While cookies are baking, make icing.
For Lemon Icing
- In a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Once cookies are cooled, glaze with lemon icing and enjoy!