It’s the long haul between Christmas time and Spring here, so I thought I’d make some Springtime cookies that are a bit reminiscent of Christmas.
These white chocolate cranberry gems are soft in the center with a crusty initial bite and then finished with lemon glaze for a perfect sweet zing.
Half proper shortbread cookie, half scone, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies will brighten your day.
I can feel it now – Spring is on the way!
Springtime White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Part proper shortbread cookie, part biscuit, these soft and slightly crumbly cookies are reminiscent of Christmas but finished with lemon glaze to remind us that Spring is on the way!
Servings 24 cookies
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 sheet pan
- Rolling Pin
- cookie cutters 2 inch diameter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk I use 1/8 cup heavy cream mixed with 1/8 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
For Lemon Icing
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 lemons juiced
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together sugar, egg, vanilla extract, canola oil, and milk.
- In separate bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and pour liquid ingredients into center.
- Stir to combine until a slightly crumbly dough forms.
- Add cranberries and white chocolate chips. Stir until cranberries and chips are just mixed throughout.
- Form dough into a smooth ball, adding more milk as needed.
- Place dough onto a well-floured surface and roll out until dough is 3/4 inch in thickness.
- Dip cookie cutter into flour to ensure cutter doesn't stick and then cut dough into cookies.
- Place cookies onto sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden on sides and bottom. While cookies are baking, make icing.
For Lemon Icing
- In a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Once cookies are cooled, glaze with lemon icing and enjoy!